The following is copied from the UNPOS official page on 15 March 2015. The flag says ALL! It is high time that the Republic of Somaliland (ROS) reshuffled its cards and dealt itself a winning hand with a UN deck..
United Nations in Somalia
The United Nations in Somalia comprises of agencies, funds and programmes representing the UN system in Somalia.
The UN has been active in Somalia since 1991 delivering humanitarian assistance, implementing recovery and development programmes directly and through national Non-Governmental Organisations.
The UN Country Team is made up of heads of agencies under the leadership of the Resident Coordinator, who is also the Humanitarian Coordinator and Designated Official for Security. The head of the UN Political Office for Somalia (UNPOS) serves as the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General.
UN, Agencies, Funds and Programs
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN)
- Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Political Office for Somalia (UNPOS)
- United Nations Support Office for the African Union Mission in Somalia (UNSOA)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Food Programme (WFP)